Thursday, February 14, 2008

Proud to present My AIESEC XP


It'll be exactly 2 years since the day I touched down in Australia tomorrow and these 2 years have been simply amazing! Uni life's all I expected and more.... The lessons learnt, the friendships made, the self-discoveries, the memories...... This will be the 1st part of a 2 series of reflection of my uni life; 2 short years that I'll never get back and probably the best time of my life !

First up, AIESEC

The passion and belief that I have in this club is endless; the potential, the people ! The fact is simply being in an environment where people with such different diversities, strengths and weaknesses, working together towards this common goal with this passion and desire in them, to make AIESEC work, to make it shine, to show the impact that it has had on ourselves. I long to have this desire in my career path. It showed me it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you have that will, that drive, the focus, to be in a thriving team environment, to feed off each other's positive energy !


AIESEC showed me there's so much more than just a degree, a job, it's always the passion, the people ! I wish I can say I've gotten to know more of the interstaters, the MCs but I'm not much of a conference person although it is fucking awesome. AIESEC MELB 07 : Heidi, you've truly succeeded in bringing the best out of each and every single one of us and paving the way to a much greater year ahead. Just hearing about all the plans for this year made me soo excited !



There's not one team meeting, LCM, MLTM, LCM dinner, social event, networking event, any AIESEC event which I did not enjoy myself. You guys have been such great inspirations to me, the amount of talent, the things I've learnt, the stuffs that just made me go WOW, you guys are f*king amazing, time and time again and it's all because of this crazy thing called AIESEC.



I don't know how I'm gonna go on now that I've graduated. Is this the end? Hell NO ! My internship awaits in 3 years and I've just submitted my application for State Conf OC despite everyone telling me V, you're alumni now, you're not part of the LC ! Lol.. As if guys, it'll take more than that to chase me away !


No matter what, now or ever, I'll miss AIESEC, you ask what does AIESEC mean to me? It means a hell lot, it's a part of me, a part of what I am today, a part of what I'll always be....


2 comments:

Cath said...

it certainly is!.. im glad to be a part of AIESEC too!!!

love yea babe.. muaHHh :)

isaac said...

you wrote that on valentine's day?!?! didn't u have better things to do then.. like u know.. ermm. nvm.. hahhaa =P

Yeah yeah, thanx for introducing me to aiesec. I guess i don't have as great an affiliation or bond with @ compared to you, which i guess is understandable considering u were there twice as long as me. But i;m still glad i joined. =)

And yes, you're alumni now, i.e. you no longer have a post, you're no longer HR director.. will u get over the fact that you have NO power, and relinquish ure role?? I heard you've still been going to meetings.. hahhaa.. I'm kidding la.. you did an AWESOME job with HR..

Okay, go slug it out at work for 3 years, then u can go on your internship, and fulfil your life's calling of working for NGOs in africa?? hahha..