Monday, January 21, 2008

My Lil Canberra Adventure.....

I finally got round to renewing my passport & yes, I went to Canberra, All by myself ! :) Lalala... Therefore, although it wasn't very exciting, it was still an adventure nonetheless :p So this is what I've found from my trip today :
  • The Msian embassy looks like Muzium Negara
  • The consular office looks exactly like the slightly dodgy passport application offices back home including the inefficiency (waited an hour and a half just to submit ma application all the while listening to old aunties and young mommies talking bout kids & babies!!! urgh...) but it's not too bad considering the amount of ppl working plus the lady was nice so no complains :)
  • The taxi metres start from $4 !! but the taxi drivers are nice and mostly local and 1 of them brought me on a tour to the Parliament's carpark! There's alot of carparks in the Parliament so there's one thing less to worry bout when u go to the Parliament :p plus it's free too apparently
  • My fav embassy is the Papua New Guinea embassy. If you look closely, it has paintings of faces all over the erm...front of the building. It's really cute :)
  • The Chinese embassy looks a bit like a temple
  • And the Americans being Americans have to have the biggest embassy in the area ! Pfftt...
  • Also took the chance to visit the Canberra Centre which is this biggg arse shopping mall. Initially, I frowned at the idea of spending my day in a shopping mall which I did most of the time in Melb anyway but I got carried away when I saw Forever New (evil grin*) I've chanced upon this store in the most odd places ie. Geelong, Canberra, all but Melb city (but this makes it all the more precious) ! Hehehe....
  • Canberra offers alot of different culinaries, although prices being slightly more expensive than Melb I reckon, the choices do spoil you.
  • Last destination of the day is ANU ! Have been to U Syd, UQ and Uni Melb of coz... but fav remains UQ in terms of their sprawling lawns and beautiful lakes befitting a venue for weddings. The only 1 left to visit is UWA; according to Joe, they've white/albino peacocks!! Well, ANU's not too bad too, they do have some lawns, their buildings are mainly made of brown bricks, I only saw 1 modern building. Well let's just say it's Australia's number 1 uni now but I love Uni Melb :)
And finally, it's nice being in a foreign city all by yourself with no set itenary, even no one that you know and just wandering around, absorbing, exploring, like I mentioned before, there' s something calming about the unfamiliarity of it all :) And the best part bout flying is the view from the window when you're above the clouds ! Window seat next time plss...


(Picture : Mitchster)

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

haha... sujen didn't tell you where to go?
(eerie - i took a similar photo on the way back from melbourne)
anyhoo, i have to tell you Forever New is in DFO Spencer!! how can you not know?!?!
i'm glad you enjoyed the trip alone.. a bit scary. haha.. but canberra is quite safe i suppose.
*HuGz*

Soliloquy said...

Hey Jeannie!

How are u today? Lol.. Yeah he did but I couldn't really find it :( Haha...I haven't really been to DFO since we went to get Cc's pressie !! Hehe.. you see la you left so I less 1 shopping kaki, which might be good also...Hehe..

Nvm wat, in preparation for our backpacking trip :))

isaac said...

says a lot about the city if the locals deem a carpark worthy of a tour..!! hahaa.

and it's itinerary.. hehe sorry.. call me pedantic. =P

isaac said...

oh yeah, and i love window seats too.. just for the nice view.. especially at night, can see the sprawling city lights. did u know that if you fly over singapore at night u can see the entire outline of the whole country as it looks like on the map?? =)

Don P said...

Hi,

If you're going to snag a photo off of my website without permission you'll at least need a live link back to my site http://www.laphotopro.com

Don

isaac said...

haha, kena scolded.. ! =P

Soliloquy said...

Hi there, I'm really sorry~ As dumb as it sounds, I didn't know how to put a live link ! I won't do it gain, promise~ Your photos are really nice but I won't do it gain! Sorry~