Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Tribute to Heath Ledger


You're just too good to be true,
Can't take my eyes off you,
You made me feel I'm alive,
I wanna hold you so tight....

The life and death of Health Ledger; captured our hearts when he belted out that song in 10 Things I Hate About You followed by a lot other creditable performances in the Patriot, Monster's Ball, Brokeback, etc...

The biggest reaction that I have when I saw the news was shock, shock, shock ! What would drive such a young and talented actor to end his life? Of coz, the first idea that jumped to mind was suicide which might not be true, hope not! But he wouldn't be the first celebrity to buckle under the spotlight and the pressure that comes along with it. Sex, booze, drugs, how do you keep level-headed with all the temptations? When do you stop before it's too late?

On the other side of the world, well maybe not that far, we see people suffering with barely enough to eat, no shelter, no clean water, living the most basic of life but having a will to live so strong, they'll do anything just to survive! Argh... The irony of life..

I'll miss him; that boyish charm, that beautiful smile, the twinkle in the eye....

May you find happiness wherever you are !

No comments: